About Me

My photo
I'm a Christan wife and mother who teaches special needs students. I want to seek Him more and share Him in all I do.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Changes

As I write I have an uneasy feeling in my soul. Not sure what is stirring up inside me, but it's that yucky "uh-oh" kind of feeling. Like I have forgotten something or said something I shouldn't have. Don't you just hate when you feel like that??? I do and all I can do is turn to God and ask Him to show me what is the cause of my uneasy feeling. So far God hasn't really spoken. Or maybe I haven't really stopped and listened!

God has been speaking to me a lot in visions and thoughts. He is calling me to lift up big ideas and concerns of His heart in prayer. Let me just say this: I DO NOT like prayer time. I tend to drift off in other thoughts. I have never been able to attend a prayer meeting and feel comfortable. It just hasn't been something I thought I was called to. Some people are great intercessors and I never thought I would be called to it. I do take prayer requests and right then lift it up to the Lord, but to sit and just pray has never been good for me. I do much better when I write down my thoughts and prayers. Anyway the point is God has chosen me to stand in the gap for His people and I hope I can make the change from quick little prayers (mainly when I need God's help) to praying deeper.

So you ask what is on God's heart? The idea that all roads lead to Heaven. We (yes me too) feel like we want to accept everyone and that means accepting what they believe, but the only way to Heaven is through Jesus. Good works, praying to other gods, and being nice is not the way. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one goes to the father expect through me."

God is speaking today and He is speaking to me. I pray that I can listen, discern, lift up, and share what God is telling me. Funny how I just up and started a blog one day and now I see why. God had a plan with it all along.

Lord I pray that You bless the reader with blessing beyond his or her understanding of blessings. Please continue to speak to me and help me to be the prayer warrior you would like me to be. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment