About Me

My photo
I'm a Christan wife and mother who teaches special needs students. I want to seek Him more and share Him in all I do.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Who am I?

It's a late night for me. I'm babysitting for my cousin. It's been a trying couple of days,weeks, months I don't know how to pin it down. God is truly speaking in so many ways. Tonight I am a little down and questioning a lot of things and as I was just spacing out I heard "who am I?" in my spirit. Who I am? I am a child of God's who is asked to do nothing on my own accord. Daily I face struggles, but I do not face them alone. I have God right beside me carrying the load.
Many times I let my anger get the best of me and I speak out of turn and I speak my mind without filters, but who I am to get upset? It is not my place. I'm not to seek revenge, I'm not to speak ill of others, I'm not to show my butt to anyone but God, I'm not to take on the world and not ask for help, I'm not to expect others to read my mind, I could go on. God is showing me so much that is IN ME! It's time for me to take a long look at things that are not right in myself and make a conscious change. 
God why do I let my flesh get the better of me? Why do I take things way to personally? Why do I feel the need to let everyone know when I feel like I have been done wrong? Why can't I just let You, God handle it like I know you will in Your time? It seems to be so easy to jump in on the gossip or to tell others what has happened to me, but so hard to be the positive one speaking good and reminding others of the good that has come. I want so much to bring joy into a conversation. I want so much to stop the negative in it's tracks and not agree with others and add to it. I don't want to walk away I want to speak up and bring God into the room.
I am so thankful for where God has me. He knows me, knows what I need, and even though I truly don't see why I have to "suffer" with some things I know there is a reason for it all. As I sit here wondering "who I am" I know I am a child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment