About Me

My photo
I'm a Christan wife and mother who teaches special needs students. I want to seek Him more and share Him in all I do.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Inspiration

So for a couple of weeks I've been really enjoying reading other people's blogs. Thanks to http://pinterest.com. I have especially been looking at teacher blogs. I wish I was as crafty and cutesy as some teachers I have read about. They have the cutest rooms all decked out to the nines and such wonderful ideas. My goal before the end of 2011 is to redefine my classroom into a space that is me! What does this mean??? I need a theme. I've seen frogs, fish, polka dots, pink and brown, you know all the stylish things out there. I also have created a dream board of ideas and things I want to see come to light before 2012. Thanks pinterest.com for being my inspiration to take on more projects and tasks.

Really today my principal talked about why some become teachers giving that old example "for the summers off." Ha that is not why I am a teacher. I am a teacher because it is my make up. God knew before I was even a twinkle in my parents eyes that I was to be a teacher. I fought it too! Trust me I did! How do I know this? I spent the first two days of my Thanksgiving break trying to figure out new ways to teach my kiddos! I am always looking for things that I can use in my classroom when I am out and about and I am constantly reminding myself Lili is only 3 and doesn't have to be drilled on sight words, dot patterns, letters and numbers! Yes I am one of those teachers who is always trying to learn how to reach my students better. Now if I could learn how to manage my time better so I can make and do all that I "WANT" to do that would be great.

Not only did God design me to be a teacher He chose me to teach the special students. You know the one's with the best smile or the one who needs my hands to be his hands. Yep I am a special education teacher. I am blessed to have my life touched by such wonderful children and their families. Now if someone could petition God to give me some skills in the paperwork and organization that would be appreciated. Yep I am constantly checking my calendar only to find I have forgotten to do something. I am always looking for that one piece of paper I know I put in a special place so I could put my hand on it at any given moment. In spite of my shortfalls I am a teacher and I will teach the students placed in my care academics, life skills, and how to be who God made them to be.

I pray everyday that I use my talents and gifts in the classroom the way God wants. I pray that I am able to give 110% so that my students are able to be a part of the school community. I pray that I can work through the child fighting me, screaming and noises, and the snotty noses and that each student goes home with a new skill each day. Thank you God for the many gains the students I have worked with have made. Some are so tiny that when I go and share with others they cannot grasp why I am so excited over a child placing a ball in a toy in the correct place 3 times in a row. Last Sunday our preacher share with us about being thankful and publicly sharing our thanksgivings. Today I want everyone to know I am thankful God made me the way He did and that He cleared the way for me to fulfill His calling on my life.

Please stick with me! I plan on posting pictures of my room then (now) (plain and boring) and now (when I get it done!)

One other blessing from God I would like to share. There is a great program called donorschose.org. This program allows teachers to ask others for donations on projects or items that are needed for our classrooms. I posted a project this year and for over 2 months my project had no one "helping". Now I am getting  wonderful emails saying you have a new donation to your project. I thought for sure that it was not going to be fully funded and put it on the back burner, but God has a different plan. He really is in the little things.

Be sure to check out and help support my Donors Choose project at http://www.donorschoose.org/we-teach/936661.-784392197

No comments:

Post a Comment