About Me

My photo
I'm a Christan wife and mother who teaches special needs students. I want to seek Him more and share Him in all I do.

Monday, January 2, 2012

God is the first artist

Dad's tree
I sure did enjoy my lazy days in Florida. It was very relaxing and easy going. It was also good to spend time with my dad. Lili enjoyed being with Grandpa John as well. Justin had to spend some of his time writing papers, but did get to enjoy good food and fun times in between writing. He also got a new video game that he got to play. It is always nice to not to have to "do" anything. I praise God for these few and far between moments.


I especially loved being able to go to the beach and enjoy the wonders of God's creation. One day I was lucky enough to get to watch a pod of dolphins playing for at least a half and hour. Lili loved playing in the sand, collecting sea shells and getting her toes feet legs wet. Even our dog Sadie got to enjoy the beach playing ball and rolling in the sand. 


Look at the beauty of the sun set and the ocean!
While I was walking the beach I stopped to enjoy the sea shells. I've always loved collecting them. I still have a few from when I was a little girl. As I was looking at the various shells I was struck by how God blending and mixed the colors on each. He is the original artist and designer. Just look at nature and see. It still amazes me how something so little as a sea shell and bring me to awe of our mighty God. It's the little things. I am so glad I can see Him in the little things. I am thankful that I am not to busy to appreciate the small moments and simple ways God appears to me. I am also thankful for the big things as well. 


Some pictures I took of sea shells.

I'll work on my editing skills one day!
Walking to the beach

We enjoyed our time and it was a wonderful way to end the Christmas season and start 2012!






No comments:

Post a Comment