About Me

My photo
I'm a Christan wife and mother who teaches special needs students. I want to seek Him more and share Him in all I do.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Great Week!

Yes my week ended great! I had a wonderful day with my students at Special Olympics. I taught great lessons all week (meaning my students sat and listened and paid attention!) and I feel closer to God.

To start I will recap a little about my reading of Crazy Love. I'm on chapter two which is cleverly named "you might not finish this chapter." He is trying to express to us that we are only an extra in God's movie. Along with this He shows us how this is all God's story and we are here for God not the other way around. I am finding that I am having to go back and reread sections and seeking out the context of the verses Chan quotes. I really like the idea that I am seeking out what God wants to show me in this book. God is speaking to me in a little thing called words.

For a couple of weeks I have been struggling with some things at work. Praise God that I gave it all to Him. I took two steps forward this week and was only pushed one step back. I will press on! In seeing the errors I had made at work and seeking out ways to fix them God has blessed me with opportunities to truly "teach." I put teach in quotations because I teach everyday, but not in the true sense of get in front of the class, present information, and have discussions. This week I had lots of "teaching" moments. (For those who have forgotten I teach severe and profound special education and that means I teach a lot of one-on-one and life skills.) My lessons included science topics, writing topics, finding the beginning, middle, and end of a story, and lots of math lessons. I am super glad to see that God is merciful and He forgave me and continued to bless me. God is so good.

Tonight I was on my new addiction Pinterest and found this 21 Creative Consequences . Being a parent of a wonderful 3 year old who never challenges me I am all about finding great ways to train up my child. I truly loved number 3. "Make a homemade "Correction" can and fill it with tickets or slips of paper with various consequences written on them. Instead of giving your child a time-out, send her to the can for a slip. A few ideas might include no TV or computer for a night, early bedtime, or an extra chore. Toss in a blank piece of paper, a "mercy" ticket. This gives you an opportunity to talk about how God gives us mercy even when we deserve punishment." A great way to show God's love and mercy in the disciplining of my child. Another way to share God with a little thing.

Praise God for a wonderful week! I do have the beginnings of a cold, but asking God heals me before work on Tuesday.

Praying you all have a wonderful weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment